Saturday, November 24, 2012

Very nearly an armful....

Turns out that that's what you can knit when you're dealing with a 5-year-old's Christmas sweater, while catching up with two episodes of The Killing from last week...  Only about 4 rows off, anyway...


oddjob_sleeve


And for anyone curious about the title of this one: Tony Hancock's The blood donor: available in its entirety on YouTube.  I'd forgotten quite how good the young June Whitfield was... Salient moment at 14 mins or so in...



PS: and last mention, I promise, unless I go and see the film:
To those who commented on yesterday's book post about Reacher casting - my vote would be for Adam Baldwin.  (The dark hair is a problem; the rest of it works...)  But he doesn't command the mega-bucks.  I'd say "and he's also too old at 50 for Reacher" but Cruise is the same age...


I don't even like brawny blokes.  But if an author makes a character's whole modus operandi  about his size, it strikes me that it ought to be cast accordingly.  

For fairness's sake, I also need to say that Lee Child has no objection to Cruise...

No comments: