Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lovely day

I spent the day with two great people who came up and visited Cambridge; as ever, when you take friends around a place you know well, you see new aspects to it.

I really hadn't noticed that the ceiling of St John's College Chapel is painted so beautifully.

stjohnsroof

Since I last walked down Clare avenue, a statue of Confucius has been added.

confucius

Thanks for letting me show my city off to such an appreciative audience, guys.

fandt_171012

(I'm sure Franklin, on the left, will blog this so much better later!)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Looks gorgeous. I really should spend some time looking at the things tourists visit in Oxford, I've been here over ten years and hardly seen any of them (I haven't even found the cathedral, or been to see the shrunken heads!).