Saturday, November 10, 2012

Better late...

I started a couple of projects for the Olympics and Paralympics.  One of them went off as a gift today for Rosie, whose birthday was last weekend.

dancescarf1

This one got finished in time and was very good fun to weave.  About halfway through, I realised it was entirely Rosie's colours...

dancescarf3

My Paralympics project was somewhat less successful.  In retrospect, knitting a 48" cardigan in less than a fortnight probably wasn't sensible, but I did get as far as picking up the "skirt" of this cardi from the sideways-knit, centre-out bodice by the end of the Paralympics...

cozycardi

... but took until the final of the Great British Bake Off  to knit another 5 balls up into the lower half.  Possibly one of the most boring bits of knitting I've done for a long while, but while Little John was unveiling his heaven and hell cake in the GBBO final on iPlayer, I cast off and sewed in ends, and it's a lovely warm thing, jacket length so halfway down my thighs.  It doesn't fit under a coat, so will have limited wear in the depths of winter, but it's bright and cheerful...  The yarn is Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed, now discontinued, bought from Wibbo in a destash this summer... and the pattern's the Comfy Cardi from the rather wonderful Knitter's Book of Wool by Clara Parkes.

1 comment:

Wibbo said...

I did the classic "nice yarn" thing before I recognised it! Looks like a nice comfy cardi - I'm almost tempted to knit said garment myself....