Sunday, April 03, 2011

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, Day seven (2KCBWDAY7)

I'd gone to bed nice and early for a change, and then I remembered I hadn't posted today...


Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys.

My typical crafting time these days, because I have a nearly-2-hour-commute each way to work, happens on trains. And it's semi-obsessive. I wouldn't say my commute is ruined if I can't get an aisle seat with my left arm in the aisle, but it's... in modern jargon... compromised...

I have a travelling project, and a knitting-at-group project in my bag; sometimes those are the same thing, but mostly I can concentrate more on a train project than on a talking-to-people project. I listen to podcasts while travelling - probably a subject for another blog post. I carry a nice little SIGG water bottle filled with home-made fizzy squash, and I like this small space at the beginning and the end of the day where nobody talks to me.

About a month ago, a knitter whose train I catch a couple of times a week realised who I was and friended me on Ravelry; and although I used to see her knitting quite regularly before she friended me, somehow I've not managed to get onto the same train carriage again! So, sorry - not at all intentional - talking to another knitter would be lovely!

At home I knit wherever and whenever. It might be propped up next to the cooker waiting for food to sort itself out, it might be standing next to the radio while cricketers decide what's happening. I do have a sort-of-dedicated-chair for knitting but equally I have a chair in front of the PC where I can knit while catching up with Ravelry or Radio 4...


1 comment:

stash haus said...

I have yet to be able to knit while being on the computer at the same time (unless I'm watching a movie on my laptop while knitting). It's a skill I envy - like being able to knit in the movie theatre without dropping or splitting stitches. I so envy a commute where one can knit. I drive 1 1/2 - 2 hours each way (depending on traffic, weather conditions, etc.) and often wished I had a carpool so that I could use the time to knit.