Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A weekend away


No 3:15s this week - I was away; looking at other people's wonderfully manicured allotments in the mediaeval village of Blanchland, among other things. (The food at the Lord Crewe is pretty good too).


This whole vista is a World Heritage Site; with reason. It was even prettier before the chimneys etc. in the foreground were built - they're only a few years old but thankfully fit right in with the rest of the city...




Weardale; the river at Wolsingham...

Weardale: the marketplace at Stanhope - home to many, many craft shops, and also one guitar shop, on the right in this photo, where Dad bought a semi-acoustic guitar...
Knitting was done in preparation for this trip; and the knitting generally sort of fitted; and was modelled. This is Baby A in his slipover/tanktop thingy; pattern is Pembroke... modifications on my Ravelry page. This has quite a lot of space for growing-into...

And here he is wearing his Owlet (which is just about the right size despite being the 2-year-old size - he's 18 months...) - I could have made it bigger but didn't have recent measurements, so this might not get much wear...

(Alas, poor Yorick...)

And A being a whirlybird... I took measurements; and I think I can remember them; but I can't find the receipt I wrote them down on...


Nice weekend; I'll try not to head back into work 10 hours after getting off a long-distance train again anytime soon though...

No comments: