Sunday, June 28, 2009

More spinning, and a plan...

I did more spinning last weekend - this time using a plait of merino from Limegreenjelly (currently at Woolfest along with the rest of the UK knitting population...), bought at the Brighton Knit Safari last year. I called this Agincourt, because of the colours in the pennants and sky of the Olivier film of Henry V; but I gather it's all been remixed and brightened up recently, so the lovely bright pastels I remember weren't actually in the original film...

In its unplaited state...

Split up for spinning...

Singles...


And all plied up...


It goes surprisingly well with the yarns I showed you last time - probably something to do with my purple fixation.


And a rare shot - the Bug and the wheel in any sort of proximity. She dislikes the wheel intensely. It could be because of Stackhouse, the Folkmanis lamb-puppet I won in a random KAL draw, which sits on the flier when the wheel's not in use, or it could just be because it's Something Demanding Attention When I Am Here...


The Plan... I've worked out what to do with these yarns and a couple of others. More tomorrow...

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, I love that photo of the wheel and your kitty!. Your spinning looks lovely - Jo does gorgeous colours, doesn't she?

Peri said...

Looks totally gorgerous spun up.

I love that film!