Sunday, June 28, 2009

3:15 project, update 16

Photos 1 and 2 have nothing to distinguish them this week; all "move away, nothing to see..." Here's pic 3. There are clearer areas down both sides...


And pic 4. Apart from the fennel and lilies on the left, there's the dyed tops for the Tour de Fleece [Ravelry link] on the right...

Lilies have happened! without being completely eaten by the utterly disgusting lily grubs...

And there are pretty things in pots...


A chunk of this week's progress - some ground elder pulled out...

Meanwhile, at the other side of the garden, the flowering currant I thought I'd killed is making a comeback. I'm not unhappy about this - as long as I can control it... I really like the smell, the look and the early flowering. And BoyNextDoor has removed all the dead stuff from the top of the fence, so there's a lot more light...

Self-satisfied cat is also making her appearance...



The other thing I've been doing today is boggling at the Boss's appearances at Glastonbury last night. Go to iPlayer for the main thing...; but I also loved his appearance with Gaslight Anthem

After all the Michael Jackson business over the last few days (I loved Thriller, and it's a very sad day for pop, but I was glad Springsteen's tribute was to Joe Strummer) it's so good to see someone a decade older looking cool, sharp, fit, healthy and totally enthusiastic about what he's doing... And love the leather wellies, Bruce...

No comments: