Monday, May 11, 2009

Skippeting over to the Dark Side

This time round, I gave up entirely on attempting to board a plane with knitting needles; it's all just been too disappointing in the past. I actually think they'd have been fine on Aer Lingus, but I finally got round to asking for that remedial crochet lesson from Wibbo, and she obliged...

I've been "crocheting" for a while but it didn't bear any resemblance to actual crochet technique, and hurt my hands (and mystified crocheting friends who couldn't work out how you could possibly end up with a blister on the end of your left index finger)... So an hour or two watching Jan's hands and attempting it over the bank holiday weekend, and the loan of a crochet hook, and various trains and flights later... VoilĂ . Started just before Royston on the train to London on Thursday morning, finished just after Royston on the train back from London on Sunday evening...

The colours are actually better on the finished article - green rather than turquoise. But I don't really care - it's an Actual Bit of Crochet, done in something that approaches an orthodox technique... and although it could be made out of chain-mail from the general texture, that'll work given that it's a potholder!

Thanks, Jan!! (And just to let you know, I am tutting a lot less now so I think my fellow commuters are less likely to want to defenestrate me...)

1 comment:

Wibbo said...

WooHoo! A Finished Crochet Object - well done!