Monday, June 01, 2009

3:15 project update 12

This week: "Someone give me a river to forge, a serpent to slay...*" Also, regicide.

Nothing to see on photo 1...

Photo 2: bit clearer than last week: and a lot sunnier... Note lack of greenery at high level... and planted-up baskets (more on that later)...
Photo 3: note big black space on left-hand side - the Flowering Currant is no more... More on that later...

Photo 4: nothing much to see so not included...
The rose has started flowering - and the sky was so blue...

The hanging baskets aren't anything unusual - the "garden centre" I can get to easily is Focus DIY round the corner from Cambridge Station, so they're just petunias and lobelia, but they'll be pretty if I can keep them watered...


Here's what's left of the flowering currant, along with the somewhat Fearsome Saw used to cut it down... Saw is around 12" long folded, for scale...

... and here's what I've got to chop up small enough to get into the green bin - although I'm going to keep some of the long straight sticks to see if they'll make bean-poles/tripods etc. next year...

The regicide bit - turns out the flowering currant I beheaded was Ribes sanguinam Edward VII.

Oops.

* yes, that was a West Wing quote, and of course a Josh quote. Episode 2... as I was hauling the third or fourth absurdly enormous branch up the garden, the thought came to mind...

1 comment:

Rosie said...

must get my eyes tested, I initially thought you'd posted a picture of a slug, but have just read text and see that it is a saw...