Sunday, April 19, 2009

3:15 project update 7

Photos taken at the appropriate time, but I had another stealth photo project to deliver first... and then went out and did some more hacking around afterwards...
So here's photo #1, with the addition of Spring.

Yay.

We probably need some detail on this; so here's a view from the front door. Spring, sprung; grass, riz; etc... All of a sudden.


Photo 2, no change; so no new photo... Here's photo 3.

Main changes - well, the standard euonymus has had quite a dramatic tonsure. Mainly from the left-hand-side; the whatever-it-is which grows in from the communal gardens cut off the light to that side quite dramatically. I think I need to talk to my friendly neighbours on that side and find out who's in charge of that particular shrub...

I also cleared up a lot of climbers from the right-hand-side; and realised that the fence really is leaning quite a lot into my garden (about a foot, which given that it's only about 10' wide in the first place...); probably due to the weight of climbers which have grown through NextDoorChap's fence through to mine. I need to talk to him, too; that should be easier... We generally say hi several times a week but we're usually both dashing in different directions... I don't think he's actually getting any benefit from these climbers; so we can probably come to an understanding where he hacks them down near the ground and clears what he can, and I do the same, and we sort them out better in future.... surely?






Photo 4: not a lot of change, except for the allum-looking thing next to the pots... It's a pretty shing thing from B&Q; the very wonderful (but sadly blogless) Sue gave me a lift over there to buy a new stepladder after my last one was nicked; and we saw these stained-glassed-y solar lights. Have yet to find out if they actually work; but it's been sunny today, and aren't they pretty...

And this is an extra for Rosie - this is what the saxifrage looks like in bloom, and lovely to see you on Tuesday night (and thanks in advance for the birthday presents!)

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Oh, it DOES look springy. Green is good. I love your solar lights - have never seen any like that...

Rosie said...

Those lights look very speacial, and oh, now, that is a truly magnificent saxifrage. (And I speak as the daughter of a longtime member of the Alpine Gardening Society).