Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh dear; it's curtains for me...

This is realistic and sound advice from the Yarn Harlot; it really is.



Unfortunately, it comes too late for some of us... I don't thankfully have a wall of windows in my living room; but I do have this one




(and you do not want to hear the noises I made when I realised I could now take a picture of the inside and the outside where you could see both! Thankyou, Mr Nikon and your aperture-prioritisation setting!!)



I also have these:


One large cone charity-shop cotton (thankyou, Peterborough Oxfam); two Kinsels and two Walker treasuries. There must be a suitable lace pattern in there somewhere...


Bug is, unsurprisingly, unimpressed. And moulting. And, at the time the picture was taken, sans breakfast.



5 comments:

Mary deB said...

Macrame would be quicker.

But I've thought of making a macrame thing for a nice long thin window for over 10 years and never got around to it... Good luck!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Bug is also very pissed. Feed The Bug--quick!

Lace curtains would be magnificent. You are insane.

(Make sure when you keel over dead from doing this they are left to me in your will.)

Liz said...

Hi Mary: Macrame would - but mightn't give the sort of ethereal effect I'm looking for...

Yes, Jane, but you knew that already, surely? And I'm sure my tiny ickle cottage window curtain wouldn't go into your house, which must be large to accommodate that amount of wildlife...

Susie H said...

Crazy, but wouldn't it be lovely? Or maybe filet crochet?

Rosie said...

What an enormous undertaking, but the end result would be stunning: light dancing in trhough lacy stitches. I'd go for something simple, as sunny days (of which we get loads in this country, ahem) might obscure and blur all your stitching.


What a picture of Bug, I've woken up feeling rather like that..