Saturday, January 17, 2009

Results, and winners, and prizes!

Thanks to the nine people who sent in answers for the competition - really nice to hear from you!

The questions and the answers and the winners... As there were a few questions with no winners, there are a couple of questions with two winners...

1. How many metres of yarn did I knit up this year?
18,624 metres. Or 0.96 miles a month. I'd like to do a mile a month this year, just for my own satisfaction... The nearest guess for this one was SusieH at 15,000 metres. Well done, Susie!

2. How many grammes of yarn did I knit up this year?
6,525 grammes. Or 544 grammes a month. Best guess on this one was Anne, with 5,361.

3. What was my best month (grammes)?
It was July... Nobody got this one, sorry. It's a weird month to be knitting that much, but I finished a couple of Big Projects and the summer was so miserable that you could knit all the way through...

4. What was my best month (metres)?
That was December. It usually is - high-speed knitting for Christmas... Nobody got that one either...

5. What was my least stash-reductive month (grammes)?
March. Two people got this one, Yvonne and Bekki - so both shall have prizes...

6. What was my least stash-reductive month (metres)?
That was also March. Maybe it was a trick question - no takers for that one either...

7. What was the longest-metreage project I knitted up this year, and how many metres of yarn did it take?
Nearly everyone guessed the Mystic Meadows stole, which came out at #10 in this year's meterage-chart. Probably because I droned on (andonandonandonandon) about it during the Ravelympics. Actually, it was the Peacock Feathers Shawl I made for Sue's birthday (it was one of those with an 0 at the end of it...) which clocked in at 904 metres... I only blogged three times about that one, because she occasionally reads... Mystic Meadows came in at 640 metres, if you're interested...

8. What was the heaviest project this year, and how much did it weigh?

Several people got the answer to this, the Hemlock Ring Blanket. But two were quite scary in their accuracy. Take a bow again, SusieH, who guessed 400 grammes; but Bekki was quite astonishing in guessing to the gramme what the weight was (402 grammes). Both get prizes (and Bekki has been informed about quite how scary she is)...

As I have an extra, I'm also sending a prize to Mary for showing up, as the only entrant for a whole week - it felt rather like one of the early KTogs several years ago where you (and by 'you', I actually mean 'I') got there first, and were wondering whether you'd be drinking alone all night, so I was so glad to know that there was one person there with me! That's worth a lot.

I shall be mailing the winners to let them know (and with a request for an address where appropriate) tonight; and finishing up the prizes tomorrow for posting early next week...

If you're interested, I produced graphs. (OK, OK, I know, but it's fun with Excel...). The meterage one is here, and the grammage one is here...

2 comments:

Mary deB said...

I do like a contest where a prize is awarded for showing up! I've been the lone knitter in the pub myself...

Thanks!

Susie H said...

Wow - July was a busy month - that is sort of unusual! So excited to have won, and twice even. Super wow!

Congrats to everyone, especially Mary :), and thank you to Liz for a lovely fun contest, and a wonderful blog to follow...