Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Exasperation... and bandwagons

For the first time in years and years, I went out without my purse (cash, cards, etc.) today. I had my bag, which had all my travel passes in it, so getting to and from work wasn't a problem. I was on an all-day training course, and had some small hopes that lunch would be provided; but when I found out they hadn't even arranged for coffee, I took advantage of a colleague being on the course and asked him to buy me lunch. Bless him, he obliged...





But it did mean that when the course ended a whole hour early, and I could have escaped to get to the KTog at the GradPad tonight, I couldn't, because I still had no cash/cards/busfare... Gah! Not that I was intending to make it anyway, as we're in term-time, but it would've been nice...





Anyway. Enough of my uselessness.





Having said I wasn't a joiner, I have jumped on the enormous and highly-populated bandwagon that is the February Lady Sweater. I've made this for a baby, as intended in EZ's book, but the adult version has gradually grown on me. Just after Christmas I saw the very-nearly-finished-but-unloved Tahoe cardigan lurking under the armchair in the living-room and decided to pull it out and knit this. The intention was solidified when I measured myself and realised that I've lost 5.5" round my bust, as well as the 8" round my waist and hips I knew had gone, and that therefore I should probably knit myself the L rather than the XXL...



So; here it is, in Debbie Bliss Rialto. It's meant to be a DK yarn, but it's a really smooshy one, and I knit loosely, so I'm hoping it will work OK. The colour is nice - and I'm hoping that after a wash, the unevenness of texture because of the ripped-out yarn will work itself out...

3 comments:

Kathleen C. said...

yep, I've been watching the Feb Lady sweater population grow, and each one I see has looked better and better to me...
I've got it in my queue, I have enough yarn... maybe yours will be the one that pushes me over the edge (with the rest of the lovely sweatered lemmings)...

Yvonne said...

So why didn't you call- I could have got cash to you easily!!

I keep eyeing up the FLS and may have some suitable yarn in the stash - will be interested to see how you get on with it as I'd also fancied doing the Tahoe!

Mary deB said...

You'll have to post a recent self-portrait! I've been thinking of that sweater, too. I have some Rowan Magpie that would work, I think. I'm not quite ready to jump on the bandwagon, but I just might....