Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Early post

Posting first thing in the morning today, as I'm going to see Ivanov at the Wyndham's Theatre tonight - it'll be something like 24 years since I saw Kenneth Branagh on stage, and I've just spotted another couple of favourites including Gina McKee in the cast. I'm still stunned that you can get £10 balcony tickets to these things - if you book stupidly far in advance, anyway... It also gives me an excuse to revisit Koha for the first time in ages and resolve again to get in touch with the friend who introduced us!

Spotted recently, this, on the President-Elect's website. Interesting.

Knitting - I'm evidently in a Miriam Felton phase - will be taking the Serpentine Mitts along to knit today, as I'll be on the last train home and knitting black lace at 11:30pm sounds like a recipe for disaster... Better go and get dressed and head out for work!

3 comments:

Mary deB said...

Ooh, I saw Ken Branagh years ago in King Lear.

And thanks for the link to Mr O. His to-do list is pretty overwhelming....

Lydia said...

as a "yank", i'm curious to know what, in particular, you find interesting about the P-E's website.

Liz said...

Hi Lydia: hope you see this as your e-mail address isn't visible on your Blogger profile...

I followed the election pretty closely, but we really had very little opportunity to look at the detailed manifestos through the coverage in the UK media; I had no idea the civil rights agenda out was so comprehensive or inclusive, hence including the link to that part of the website.