Monday, June 02, 2008

Back home

In the last month, while I've not been blogging I've been a) going through the somewhat labyrinthine annual reporting cycle and doing lots of other things at work; b) knitting - photos sometime... c) preparing for going to Canada d) going to Canada...

But I'm back now. The cat has decided she's still speaking to me (bringing her back two rabbit-fur mice may have helped there...)

First, a picture taken inside the most beautiful church I think I've ever seen... As a complete Victorian Gothic junkie...


But while I was away, Lixie tagged me with this... (I've seen it in various versions but this is the one passed down to me...)

The Rules
Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What I was doing 10 years ago
Indexing official publications in my old job; starting my City and Guilds qualification in Embroidery and feeling completely lost at it; learning to dye, a transforming experience...

2. What 5 things are on on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)
Empty suitcase; order new printer cartridges; phone lost property office at Montreal railway station again; finish baby jacket for Baby A; declutter entire house. The last item has been on a standing list for at least the last 10 years...

3. Snacks I enjoy
Cashew nuts (roasted salted)
Macadamia nuts (ditto)
Cold pizza
Salt and vinegar crisps (which ought to be in a blue bag; anyone remember Tudor crisps?)

4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire
Pay off the debts of family and friends...
Travel around the parts of the world I've always wanted to see...
Buy a flat in Nancy; a cottage in Northumberland; a house by the beach in Toronto...
Open a shop which would sell beautiful yarn and handmade pieces by people who could charge what they ought to, and still get buyers...
Bend public transport gently to my will, so it becomes possible to travel everywhere without driving...
I guess I'd also leave my job - a year ago that would have been top of the list...

5. Places I have lived
Whickham, Gateshead
Chester-le-Street, County Durham
Cambridge
Paris
London
Loughborough
Waterbeach

5-6 people is ambitious, given that most of the blogs I read have already done this: so, tagging.... Diviknitty and pigwotflies, but only if you're up for it and haven't been tagged a gazillion times before...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back. You are entirely right about the blue bag for S&V crisps. Very pleased you will have your cottage in Northumberland when you are a billionaire, it will be lovely to have you and your riches on the doorstep (when you are not in France or Canada etc.)!

Kate x

Anonymous said...

*waves*

Canada? Nice!

Jo (dodo d)

Wibbo said...

Welcome home! Look forward to catching up/seeing photos. What, no seaside residence down here in Sussex? Still, you'd be so rich that you could stay at The Grand when you visit....!

smarcoux said...

Well visiting my homeland !!!
I wondered what happened to you.
Will have to do a dinner together soon and catch up my dear.. nice to see you back.
Sandy

stash haus said...

Welcome back from your travels. I'm looking forward to seeing other pictures from your travels - that architecture is beautiful!

Pig wot flies said...

That's a gorgeous church. Where is it?
Meme completed, as a way of resurrecting the blog.