Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Phew, and gah, and ooh....

Phew...

The baby sweater is done. And is very pretty.

The dyed yarn for the sleeves works pretty well, and there was just enough to make the neckband and seam up... I've attached the sleeves using my favourite waste-yarn finish (like a machine knit finish), and found some buttons which were just right, from an old dress of my mam's... so I'm enjoying the famous-knitwear-designer-meets-make-do-and-mend combination...

Here's another picture of the pretty that is Mr F's colour combination:

I love the way he works with such unlikely combinations....

Gah...

I was hoping to cast on my Flutter scarf in the pub at the KTog this evening - unfortunately my formerly delightful 3.25mm Brittany needles had a bit of an accident on the way home, and one of them snapped about 3" from the top... They were already the short size - I'll probably try chopping them off and doing a thing with a pencil sharpener and some sandpaper at the weekend, but they were very beautiful...

Ooh...

There were lots of new people at knitting this evening, and some welcome returners, and it was all very lovely. The experience was enhanced still further by the Blue's adoption of Gwatkin's Foxwhelp as their dry cider of choice (no URL, can't find it on draught anywhere else!) - blimey, that stuff's strong; but very nice... And people were knitting beautiful things...

When I got home, I found my consignment of these had arrived, a calendar week after I ordered them from Texas...

I'd been ordering from Ana's Etsy store, but then found (via Ravelry) that she had a bigger store of her own. I've raved about these before, but there's just something about the combination of the beauty and the completely functional which is incredibly attractive.

See?

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Love, love, love the jumper (especially the designer-meets-make-do-and-mend aspect, which makes it a real one-off). I could get you some 3.25mm surina needles if you like. (But, be warned, I snapped the fancy top off mine within days of getting them).

E-J said...

Yes, they are very beautiful little stitch markers: so teeny tiny that I have spent most of my sock-knitting time on all fours trying to locate the ones I've dropped on the floor, between sofa cushions, etc ... but so sweet that they're worth it! I may have to lay my hands on some more soon, as I like to mark everything in sight - it helps me to remember what the heck it was I thought I was doing.

E-J said...

D'oh, sorry - I forgot to add that the jumper is lovely!

Daisy said...

Yay, I'm glad you got the jumper finished & it looks great. I love the way the colours work out.