Thursday, August 23, 2007

Going over to the dark side...

Not my phrase - one of Jan's...

Look - crochet!!



The pattern's one of Jan's too, from her Encyclopedia of Crochet - the lace scarf has always fascinated me, and I managed to order Shepherd's Sport rather than Shepherd's Sock in an Internet order, so this seemed like the opportunity. I'm not sure the yarn's right for the lacy pattern, but it's gorgeous to work with, and I'm almost incomprehensibly actually having the right number of stitches in the rows so far...

I have various other things to show, but am completely shattered at the moment - something to do with this cold, grey weather probably, along with a weekend away - so I'll catch up at the weekend. After the Peterborough beer festival on Saturday, anyway...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crochet? And the right number of stitches? What have you done with the real Liz?

Rosie said...

That looks more ambitious than anything I've tried! Have fun at the beer festival...

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! - Jo

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Nice! I think the pattern looks good in that yarn and I'm impressed you got the right number of stitches - there'll be no stopping you now... Wibbo

Anonymous said...

That looks really great!

Have fun at the beer festival and maybe see you at Ktog on Tuesday