Thursday, June 28, 2007

MS3

Finally did my swatch for Mystery Stole 3; this is KnitPicks Shadow in Vineyard, a heathery dark purple, swatched on 3.5mm (US4) BrySpun needles. This photo makes it look too orange...






This picture gets the colour more accurately, and has both lots of beads on it. The raku one at the bottom (what I originally thought I'd be using) looks pretty, but doesn't catch the light, and there's not enough sheen on the yarn to make up for that; the two amethyst ones are the same colour as the yarn but glow slightly...





I'm also using these for the Irish Diamond Shawl from Folk Shawls; they're slightly too small for the yarn, so I'm going to try and get some 6/0 in the same colour to finish that one. Here's a picture of the yarn which gets the colour better than the last one:

- on Saturday I went to London and knitted at Stash with Jan and other people I hadn't met before, as well as seeing Michelle and Nic again; and Brigid commented that the last photo made this yarn look much more purple than it is. So does this next one, and the beads don't show up too well, but it's looking good so far, and a present from Jan of an Addi Lace Needle has it whizzing along nicely...




Am working from home today - the pips have just gone to signal the end of my lunchbreak so I'll stop now!

5 comments:

Angelika said...

I like your swatch. I used the same exact yarn for the Rona Lace Shawl and I was very happy with it. The one I'm going to use for the MS3 is almost a little too fine for my taste. Not that I don't mind the little stitches, but I'm worried about the finished size of the stole for me. Good choices on your behalf.

Anonymous said...

*LOVELY* yarn and I agree about the beads; the colour-match-with-shine really works. And hey! You're another Cambridge person? We could *almost* have a cast-on party!

Liz said...

Hi Alison: I left a message on your blog the other day suggesting the very same thing! I'm around after work tomorrow evening, supposing we manage to download the first clue by then!

old lady said...

Looking good! That ruler is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That picture captures the colour exactly! It was very nice meeting you at Stash and I'm so glad you showed me that bead threading technique