Monday, May 28, 2007

Some spring colour

... in the absence of anything other than green and grey out of the window. It's been chucking it down steadily here for two days, which is traditional for a Bank Holiday but still...


Avant le déluge, I went off to Kings Lynn and had a lovely morning full of bargains; I bought stripy things...

Two towels I couldn't resist; a sheet of fancy paper for making book covers and the like...

I bought flowery things:


My favourite perfume, usually all-but-unobtainable here, in special edition and ridiculously reduced in price, and some more pretty book-cover paper (if only this had been fabric...)

And there's a lot of knitting going on round here but most of it's both secret and unexciting to photograph (pictures of a Slightly Larger Heap of Crumpled Stuff not being guaranteed to rivet the attention). But look, a Pretty Thing!


More flowers, for Lorna (for a change, the colours are pretty accurate here). I took the Marigold chart from the tote-bag recipe in IK Summer 2006 and it's looking very pretty, although it's reminding me of why, although Intarsia sounds like an attractive Mediterranean island, it's not one I'm keen to visit too often. I did some more last night after taking this picture and am over halfway there now... Stripy sleeves to go, which should be fun DVD-watching knitting...

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh wow! Name shops, give details (now that I may actually have time to visit mater et pater in KL).

That jumper is looking amazing! I always vow "never again" after working an intarsia motif, but I feel the effort is worth it, *provided it is a single motif*

E-J said...

Ooh da pwetty flower! Looks very involved.

My sock and my cabled scarf are unwell at the moment, so I've dusted off two crochet projects with the intention of finishing them both this week. I haven't known the satisfaction of reaching the end of a project since your garden scarf!