Wednesday, March 21, 2007

WiP amnesia

At the weekend I decided that rather than cast on yet another sweater in my lovely new Kureyon, I really had to get my jacket-version of Ragna out and finish her - she's been hanging around on the needles all winter, and I only had one front and the neckband and the Dreaded Zip to do. And she's hogging all the 5mm needles...

The front is almost finished - a couple more repeats of the pattern and then the front neck shaping - so I thought I'd assemble the other shoulder and one sleeve; I've been undecided about how to complete the shoulders because they're heavily cabled, and have been wondering about grafting them...

So I got all the bits out, and laid them together... and noticed something.




I seem to have stopped two entire repeats short of completion on the back... two whole repeats... 32 rows of 160 stitches, with cabling in every right-side row, and I'd forgotten all about it! Gah!

So, back to the front, and then back to the back... don't think this is going to be finished for the weekend, as planned! Oh well, puts off attempting to overdye a zip for another few days...


Another couple of WiPs then - another square for the SkipNorth charity afghan, waffle-stitch pattern from Jan's blocks book


and Ilga Leja's Brickwork scarf, in Trekking 108 from Stash, which has demonstrated to me that I am unable to count accurately to 8... but I love this scarf. The stitch pattern is really clever, the yarn is much nicer to knit on larger needles - I found it a bit splitty when making socks - and I did a crochet cast-on which unzipped very obediently, which was heartening! And I love the colourway - it's slightly bizarre that you get colours in the knitting which you can't actually see on the ball!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seven?

Liz said...

And very occasionally, five.

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is just lovely! I cannot find the yarn on Stash webiste - which manufacturer is it, please?

I read your blog often and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

Judith in hot sunny Canberra, Australia
ballard@canberra.net.au

E-J said...

Pretty yarn! Sorry about your oops.

Kat said...

have faith! You will get all that cabling done in no time, if you put your mind to it, and just think of how good you will feel when its all done!

Unknown said...

Your Ragna is going to be lovely. I really like your colour choice. The purple of the original is nice too, but this green is more my cup of tea.