Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Haul

So; here are the fruits of the weekend. I've sorted them out into type... First, the dyeables. Top left, 1100g of pure wool Aran from Coldspring; top right, 505g of pure wool DK from Coldspring; bottom, 5 cones of Sunbeam Elysée from the Skep...

Next; the Noro.

Top left, 400g Kureyon; top right, 705g of a different colour of Kureyon; bottom, 275g of Blossom, all from Coldspring... There's enough of this one

to make Rosedale for myself; this one

will probably make scarves, etc... And the Blossom may make this...

Next; this is 4-ply

One 360g skein of purple (Coldspring); and 500g of red/blue/purple variegated (The Skep)...

Next, the balled yarns; clockwise from top left, 3 balls of variegated Aran; two balls of James Brett Marble in reds to go with the rest in the stash; and at the bottom, 6 balls of Twilley's Freedom Spirit, probably for two more Helter-Skelter scarves; all from the Skep apart from the Marble, from Coldspring).

And then from the Yarn Mountain at KCG: five balls of black 4ply King Cole Anti-Tickle Merino; one of pink and three of cream in DK; three balls of Phildar Rubane (dyeable); and a stray ball of Frizzante.

And my Find of the Weekend. The camera can't cope with the sheer beauty of this...

It says 4-ply - but actually it's nearer 3ply. And one cone had this little swatch in it. There's 700g of 70% lambswool/20% angora/10% nylon yarn here... And I got it for £6... No idea how much yardage there is here, but it's A Lot... I'm going to have a happy afternoon sometime working out what to make with this lot, and what colour it'll be when I do it!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

if only I could stroke the picture of the lambswool/angora one...sigh...

Leanne Hurren said...

I thought you were meant to be restraining yourself this year Liz! That is quite a haul - yum! I can't talk - I have just succummbed to an embellisher!

Liz said...

Hi Leanne: this is my second 'get out of jail free' weekend - no more stash (apart from sock yarn) till the end of September now, to try and work through what I already have!

Knitting@number9 said...

Wow! I bow to your superior stash aquiring talents!! Looks like you had a great weekend.

BabyLongLegs said...

Those cones of Noro were a real find wern't they... :)
Very impressive stash...I think I need to take more detailed pictures of mine!
Love
Sarah xXx

Nic said...

I got a cone of the noro too (the same colour as the larger one of yours). Its still hung up at the bottom of the stairs after drying and every time I walk past it, I have to have a little look and wander off wondering what I am going to knit with it.
It was nice to meet you at the weekend. Good look with the stash diet!!
Nic
x

TutleyMutley said...

I'm even more decided to go to Skip North next year. There will be one I hope?