Thursday, February 01, 2007

So far, so good...

It's been quiet round here for a while (well, work has been a bit mental, but that's Off Topic) - my cousin-in-law Kate came over at the weekend and we ate and watched Children of Men and a Firefly episode and generally wittered which was lovely... here's the cassoulet in preparation...

It snowed last Wednesday, but not very much; looked pretty, though...


That night I taught people to start making temari, and they brought ones they had made, or had been given - aren't they beautiful? The two at the front, and the crysanthemum one in the middle, are real Japanese ones made by a friend of one of the ladies in the group. The crysanthemum has a lovely heavy core made of rice.


I dyed some more yarn: this is some bouclé which is old enough that I bought it at the closing-down sale at Creativity in New Oxford Street


and this is some Velvet Touch from the bargain bin at the LYS last year, still in its clingfilm in the steamer...

I also had a stunningly unsuccessful nuno felting session yesterday at Fibrefusion- gave up and will start again once new merino arrives from Wingham Woolwork... They demonstrated their usual efficiency and lack of regard for normal working hours - I ordered at 6:30pm last night and they acknowledged the order, sent an invoice, took payment and acknowledged the payment over the next hour and a half or so... The next attempt will involve a length of cotton fabric made on the knitting machine last night and some merino I'll hand-dye...

So; the 'so far, so good...' - the tally for Knit from Your Stash for January:
Weight of yarn knitted from stash: 1,430 grammes
Weight of yarn purchased: 0 grammes
Weight of sock yarn knitted up (aka Sock Credit): 100 grammes
And I have one of my Sanctioned Occasions for Sin in February - Textiles in Focus, and Woolly Workshop's stand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Children of Men - it was distinctly unHollywood.