Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ooh...

The KnitPicks order arrived, forwarded by an Internet friend Judy in the US, and indeed it was fabulous and even with customs and transatlantic postage, extremely cheap. Blogger needs to install some sort of virtual fondling option. So to speak.


On the right - 4 skeins of Bare laceweight. That's 3200 metres... I reckon that's 2 stupendous or 4 moderate lace projects... Front left, 4 skeins of Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor, for the Peacock Feathers Shawl ... Back left, 4 of a beautiful dark, dark, slightly heathered burgundy, Shadow in colour Vineyard,

which was completely unphotographable (it's much, much darker than this) but will probably make a lovely Paisley Long Shawl, if one of Miriam Felton's doesn't get to me first... Back right, the pièce de résistance, 4 of Alpaca Cloud in colour Autumn.

This is utterly gorgeous yarn... I have a note somewhere to say what it's going to be, but at the moment I'm just picking it up at intervals and squeaking...

Meanwhile some knitting has been done. Sherwood continues; this is it in terms of colour...


The photo kills the texture completely, but Blogger's disappeared the other photo, so I'll try and show that later...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, nice yarn! That should keep you going for while ;-)

Knittiana! said...

I did a shawl in the Alpaca Cloud Autumn. You can see it on my blog at knittiana.blogspot.com. Either way, you will have a great time knitting with that yarn, it is so beautiful to work with.
I agree. A Blog-Fondling option to feel the yarns in the pictures would be wonderful.

Knittiana! said...

Hello there... Thank you for the comment, I was not sure how to contact you. The pattern I used is a fairly short repeat, I could draw it up in excel and send it to you! I did modify another pattern, and I did make up the border. So let me know. If you send me your e-mail in a comment I just won't publish it or so? (I'm new to this...)

Rosie said...

Surely the virtual yarn fondling technology can't be too far away? And how about a sniffing option, too (ah, the scent of lanolin!)?

Knitting@number9 said...

What a lovely haul! I've got some of the Alpaca Cloud in Stream. I've fondled it rather a lot and it's not fluffed or pilled. Can't wait to have the time to knit it!

Anonymous said...

That Turquoise Splendor looks just gorjuss - perfect for the peacock shawl.

I've unravelled my 1.5 rows of sock. I lost the plot about five minutes after you left on Tuesday and it all went horribly wrong. I will start again, with the help of the Stitch 'n Bitch handbook ...