Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Generosity

It was a Fibrefusion day today (sometime soon this should be an actual link...) and also the last session before Christmas, which means Serious Food. Everyone has her own speciality - Ros brings a baked gammon, Sandra brings her special rice salad with roasted veg, Helen and I compete to make the most calorific dessert, and so on...

We were sorting out the aftermath of the shows - getting postcards back to their owners, settling up for meals from the hotel bills, paying for photography we'd had done - when Madelaine said "Oh, and you left these behind..." and handed me a paper bag containing these...


I'd ogled these at Pavi Yarns, who were just opposite us, several times over the couple of days I was there, but apart from them being somewhat out of my price range, I'd assumed they were glass, ergo fragile (they were in a little display case), and therefore unsuitable for being hurled onto slate floors by huge deranged cats. Turns out they're resin; and that Madeleine, Sue and Pauline had decided I ought to have them... It's a generous group, but that was totally unexpected! (I think three extra people will be receiving small knitted items this Christmas. Note to self; extra hours in day required...)

In the background, Daughter of Sherwood. I've reverted to a largely stocking stitch sweater with a Saxon Braid front and back, and it's going more quickly...



Here's the Harrogate stash; clockwise from top left, one ball James Brett Marble to go with the other 8 - every pattern I see seems to need yardage from 9 balls... three balls Twilley Freedom Spirit, probably for another multidirectional scarf; two lots of three balls of Lang Mille Colori, which is beautiful and soft, a 50% acrylic, 50% wool mix (colours 0056 and 0053). All from the various branches of RKM Wools - they had three stands...


And a ball of Opal Hundertwasser sock yarn in Silver Spiral, which I've been after for a while... from Web of Wool. Taking colours from paintings is such a good idea - I'd love some Klee or Kandinsky colourways!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

It really is a good job that you didn't bring those needles and your lovely yarns to the KTog last night. I would have been sorely tempted to steal them! The needles are exquisite.

Anonymous said...

Daughter of Sherwood's looking good! It's amazing how long knitting denial can go on, isn't it? I've been halfway up a garter stitch shawl twice this week; two bouts of denial/frogging later, the shawl's looking fine....

Anonymous said...

What a lovely lovely gesture to get you those needles. Some things just HAVE to go to the right home:)

Wasn't it a fun show. See you soon - probably at Stash...

katie said...

wonderful stash = and superb needles = I had been lusting after them too - lucky you!!!