Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Olympian

My only chance ever for Olympian Gold having been the Next-to-Last-Kid-to-be-Picked all the way through school.... It's not blocked, but I cast it off on Friday night at the completely wonderful SkipNorth in the presence of a dozen or so other knitters, and here's Ellen, wearing a white T-shirt which shows off the pattern, modelling it ...



So there. Really didn't think I had enough time to finish. Then I thought I had, and got complacent. And then I encountered the edging pattern, which was completely and utterly un-memorisable. I repeated it 54 times, and had to look at the pattern each and every single time. The separate edging pattern for the point was worked in Sainsbury's Cafe in Keighley, while Rosie was getting her chocolate-and-booze stash and before I did...

The rest of SkipNorth, and the visit to Gill's, will be blogged in a bit... It was wonderful though.

1 comment:

Mary deB said...

Wow, that looks wonderful. Congratulations on the gold medal work!