Saturday, February 11, 2006

And we're off (or at least, cast on)...

The Knitting Olympics has started! We met at the Fort St George in England last night - Mary's husband took photos - thanks!


That's me on the left, next to Bekki and Anne. At that point I was still trying to find the start point on my yarn, the end having buried itself thorougly inside the centrepull ball...





And then here on the right are Scarlet and Mary.
Rosie was here too but ducked out of shot for the photos as she's cheerleading the team and wasn't mad enough to put her name down. We watched some of the frankly extraordinary opening ceremony (was reminded fondly of Italian TV) and attempted to get started. Reading charts in a pub while being distracted by other people's fab projects was somewhat of a challenge, but I got this much done by the end of the train-ride home





and think it's going to look rather wonderful when done... Tonight, the Charts Marked B; that's the A charts dealt with...

Today I'm dyeing yarn for Textiles in Focus next weekend - final batch of wool for now is in the steamer (22 skeins dyed today in all) but I've just remembered some Monoprix bargain yarn in nondescript grey I bought several years ago which could do with cheering up. I'll post pics when it's out and drying...

No comments: